Literacy Essentials is the perfect text for an undergraduate or graduate literacy course. Each subsection in the text can serve as the primary resource for one week of instruction. There are fifteen subsections which equates to approximately one semester.
Below are links to units of study for each of the three sections within Literacy Essentials (Engagement, Excellence, and Equity), a lesson plan template, and an example lesson plan that instructors can use to prepare for their own teaching that is aligned with the curriculum expectations.
- Introduction to the Curriculum
- Course Map #1 – Engagement
- Course Map #2 – Excellence
- Course Map #3 – Equity
- Instructor Lesson Plan Template (Microsoft Word document)
- Instructor Lesson Plan Example
- Syllabus Template (Microsoft Word document)
- Video walk-through with Regie of each section of the book