Welcome to the companion website for Literacy Essentials: Engagement, Excellence, and Equity for All Learners by Regie Routman. By clicking on the menu tabs above, you will find many useful resources, including:
- Study Guide and Video Walk-Through with Regie
- Literacy Essentials References and Resources: for easy access through URLs
- Lesson Plan: framework, detailed daily plans, teacher and student reflections, classroom charts, examples of student work, and much more
- Class-authored, published nonfiction book: Polar Bears Are King of the North, by second and third graders, 48 pages
- Class-authored, published book: Dreams: Listen to Our Stories, by fifth graders (including follow-up comments by students as high school seniors)
Visit Regie’s website at regieroutman.org.